Sunday, March 17, 2013

Week of March 12, 2013

I missed these trees last year.  They are early blooming 'Hachisuka zakura' and they bloomed really early this year (as will all the cherry trees except in the northern areas).  I was very lucky this year because when I stopped to try to figure out how to get where I wanted to go last Tuesday (I don't usually have to do that any more but once in a while...) I noticed there was a cherry, not a plum, near me that was already losing it's blossoms.  It's very early and I wasn't even going to check on these trees for another week or two.  I hurried and picked up a lunch and headed for the park where I ate my sushi on a bench under these trees.  Nice!
 
























 





My ikebana for this week, orange tulips, orangish-red carnations and some kind of branch.




 




Sueda san's hinamatsuri display.
The Emporer and Emporess and assorted accessories like food, dressers, planaquins.  Very pretty.

dishes

special mochi for girl's day (fake)
 

They didn't use horses, they used bulls to pull carts.

tea ceremony equipment (left), mochi offering (right)

furniture

The whole set.

 

Nanako - one of my favorite students - with Haruto. 
Nanako has class after Haruto and he can't wait to see her every week.
Nanako LOVES Baskin Robbins mint chip ice cream (mint is not a favorite flavor here).  So that makes her like one of my family!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment