Friday, March 22, 2013

Some early sakura and other spring flowers, 3-22-2013

I went to an incredible pastry shop this morning to pick up this merangue treat in honor of my mom's 80th birthday.  It probably wouldn't have been my first choice - EVERYTHING looked sooooooo good.  But I'm very glad I got it, it was really delicious!  I'll go back again to try something else (and again and again).

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!
















Here are some random pictures from my rides around town these last couple of days.  Some of the sakura are starting to open, but most will probably bloom next week.  They've had a record early bloom in Tokyo - now!  I'm hoping Kyoto will be perfect next weekend.  I'm waiting to buy my ticket because right now the forecast is for rain on Monday - the day I'd like to go, so I might choose the busier Sunday, but the forecast often changes so I'm going to wait a few days.  While it was ok to view the changing leaves in the rain, sakura blossoms are easily ruined by rain or wind.






The earliest bloomer in the Central Park.
One of my favorite lunches - udon, this one
has a raw egg and slightly spicy fish eggs, some fried
bits of batter from tempura, scallions, seaweed.




















A late blooming plum.





Don't know what this is a model of.

No comments:

Post a Comment