Friday, June 28, 2013

Snorkeling on Aka Island, Day 2, 6-14-2013

Okay, I will apologize now.  There are way too many similar pictures.  But it was sooooooooo beautiful.  I just couldn't help it!  Everywhere I looked was beauty.  I guess you're lucky that I didn't have an underwater camera!  All of that will have to stay locked up in my mind.  Unless you ask me about it!
 

 
I thought I wouldn't be able to go on a snorkeling trip, and just have to do it from the beach, because they need a certain number of people to go out.  But happily the two
German girls wanted to go as well.  So off we went.
This is the boat we went out on.  They do snorkeling, diving and fishing trips.






We anchored off this little island and couldn't go too far out because of the currents.
No need, fish, coral, etc. right here.

I guess I didn't realize what makes water look like this.  Clear water of
course but also no coral or rocks underneath, just sand.  So although
it was wonderful to be swimming in this clear water it wasn't as interesting.










from the boat






I have no idea how I got this picture...
Interesting though.
 
Back on land at about 11:30 so off to another beach.
I had some leftover (homemade) bread from breakfast
and some tea from the vending machine (I'm really going to miss tea in vending machines, and vending machines everywhere).  That would be lunch.
 

These are not pineapples but I don't know what they are.
They grow on trees.

 
This is the main beach on the island, but no services, and hardly any people.
A 20 minute, very hot walk.




 
Back to Turtle Beach (I had to pass it on the way to Kawai).
I got a tip about where the turtles were and I saw two.



















 
Dinner time.

This was like a fish pot pie.

We were joined by a Canadian couple who were travelling for 6 weeks in Japan and
a Brazilian couple who also had a few weeks.


 
So the blond German girl and I ended up with wicked sunburns on the back of our arms and legs.  We both had been wearing t-shirts but didn't think about the bottom half...  We used some aloe but it didn't help much and we had a really hard time sitting for a few days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment