Friday, June 28, 2013

Aka Island, Day 3, 6-15-2013

I was so sunburnt I was going to take the early ferry back to Naha instead of spending a 3rd day on the island.  There is no shade on any of the beaches until late in the day.  But after breakfast the owner came out to tell us that they were taking the Brazilian couple out to a really wonderful snorkeling place and if we wanted to go it would be 1/2 price for us since we went on a trip yesterday.  I still said no but the blond German girl gave in.  I didn't have anything to wear to cover my arms or legs.  A few minutes later the owner came back out with an old jacket and said I should just wear my pants.  I still said no but the girls got me with 'you have to go', 'this is why you came', 'you'll regret not going'....  peer pressure.  I gave in.  Actually I probably wouldn't have regretted it since I wouldn't have known what I'd missed.  But I'm really glad I went.  It was incredible.













































Here are some pictures they took for their facebook page.
Photo
This is how I swam, pants and a jacket.  After about an hour or so I felt so weighted down I put on a life vest.  Kind of uncomfortable.  I want to find some swim clothes for next time.  There definitely will be a next time.

Photo     Photo   Photo

Photo

Photo   Photo

Back on land I showered, hung up my clothes hoping they would dry before I had to pack them, and went to find some lunch.  I ended up at the Hana Café down the street.
 



 
Then I lounged on the deck emailing for a little while before it was time to catch the ferry back to Naha.  Bye bye paradise.  Then to the airport to catch a plane to Tokyo.  Arrived around 9:30 and found the bus to Yokohama where my friend Reiko picked me up.
 
This dog used to swim to another island and back everyday to meet his girlfriend. 














 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment