Saturday, January 12, 2013

Miss Saigon in Osaka, 12-30-2012


I took the subway from Yukie's apt. and met Uoisan  (friend from Tokushima) at the hotel where we would be having dinner.  Stowed my suitcase in their car and parted ways for a little while.  They were going to find some place for lunch nearby since her mother can't walk too far.  I had had a late breakfast so I opted to go for a walk in an indoor food/shopping arcade (it was raining).  I was hoping to find a bakery with something other than white bread but no luck.  Actually it was mostly restaurants.  After walking around I popped into a sort of Italian cafe and had a delicious little smoked salmon and basil cream cheese sandwich.  I sat at the counter with a view of a pretty fountain decorated for New Year's.




 










We met at the theater to see Miss Saigon.  Our seats were up pretty high which I kind of like since you get a good view of the whole stage, but unfortunately they were arranged in straight lines instead of being staggered so my view of the middle of the stage was somewhat blocked by the head in front of me...  My boss's son was in the play, although we couldn't tell which one he was since he was one of many dancers and singers.  Luckily I had checked out the plot beforehand because the songs were in Japanese.  It was quite good.

 













 
Afterwards we headed over to the Hankyu International Hotel for a buffet dinner.  So many choices, even tasting half of them filled me up.  My favorites - the grilled Japanese beef (just melts in your mouth) and the beef stew (unusual item to have on a buffet...).  Delicious.  And there were desserts as well.  We were all stuffed but somehow made it into the car and I was home by 9.  Kind of lonely coming back to an empty apt. but nice to be home as well.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment