Thursday, November 8, 2012

YouMe Town, 11-8-2012

I was a warmer day than it has been and not windy, so I decided to ride across the 2 rivers to the shopping mall - YouMe Town - and hopefully find some warm winter clothes,pants and sweaters.  I couldn't even get the pants past my hips (they are built a little 'straighter' here - a big problem for me -  and I didn't get any sweaters.  I found  a couple of fleece turtlenecks at UniClo which I could have gotten at the SOGO UniClo but oh well.
I had a great lunch.  Too many choices.  They even have a Subway and a Kentucky Fried Chicken plus loads of great Japanese choices.  I was actually going to have a Subway sandwich - haven't had a real sandwich (can't count the little, as light as air tea type sandwiches) since I've been here.  But then there was Mos Burger and a sort of Korean place from which seared beef smells were eminating....  It was called 'Pepper Lunch' and they served beef with assorted rice, some veg. in a cast iron sizzling pan - so you cook the beef by turning it.  At a food court!  For about $7...  Nice.
Of course I had to stop at the bakery, and pick up a beautiful Japanese sweet...  Didn't have room in my basket, or time to go to the great grocery store there but I did go to the import store and bought some New Zealand cheddar and some kind of salted caramel cheese.  Sounded interesting.
The biggest surprise was that the mall was in full Christmas gear - already!  I know that happens in the States, but Christmas isn't even that big a deal here.  Although businesses are trying to make it into one.
I realized that riding to YouMe Town is harder than coming home.  More uphill biking.  But better going there than going home.  Maybe I'll have a chance to go back before it gets too windy and cold...

No comments:

Post a Comment