Sunday, May 12, 2013

Katsurahama Matsuri, 5-6-2013

 
We went to a small festival in a nearby town. 
We missed the boat rides but had fun on land. 
 
This is a tanuki (a Japanese animal) bounce house.

Bubbles!

Pony rides - Haruto's first.

Most of the kids opted for the much smaller white pony...


Komatsushima's samurai tanuki character.

Haruto's first bounce house!

Naoko and Haruto (and I) enjoyed
making bubbles.


We stopped for udon.

I had some fried octopus with mine.





 


Then we went to the rose festival
in Aizumi.




unusual




A place to sit and relax.







The next day I went to Chuo Koen in Tokushima


There was a field trip.  All students below Jr. High wear
some kind of hat, either with a uniform or not, when they
are out.  Kinder and nursery school kids also wear them in
the playgrounds of their schools.


And the 'last' everything has begun.  Only 2 weeks left...  The goodbye lunches and dinners have started too and I really hope I can fit in my pants by the time I leave!  And, I'm very happy to report, the frogs are in the rice paddies.  I was afraid I'd miss them this year as it's been cooler than usual.  Not all the fields are filled yet but I pass a few with croaking frogs on my way home from work (they only croak at night). I've been leaving my bedroom window open as well so they can sing me to sleep.  The jasmine is blooming too so my trips home after work are well perfumed.  I love spring/summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment