Saturday, December 15, 2012

German House Christmas Market, 12-16-2012

I went to a little Christmas market with Naoko and Haruto this morning.  We arrived when it opened but I still thought it would be more crowded than it was, not many poeple, although it got a little busier around 11.  It was cute, some nice decorations, interesting items for sale.  Expensive German wines and beer, some chocolates, coffee, a few gift items.  We tried soft preztels which had really good flavor but were packaged in plastic bags (what's new here...) and so they were soggy instead of crisp on the outside.  I toasted most of mine at home.  And we tried a couple of sausages which were pretty good.  After a quick (Haruto is now at the age where a shopping mall is not a good idea...) stop at YouMe Town where I found some small candy canes for my students (they've never had them) it was home again. 
I tried to make myself go out for a bike ride since it's an unusually warm (50's) day and not raining but I failed and decided to sit with the sliding doors open instead.

 
                                                My Christmas ikebana.







Milk carton village














                                                   My landlady's garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment