Thursday, July 4, 2013

Back in the U.S.A. - With Jake! 6-22-2013

I would have been very sad about leaving Japan but I was on my way to Sacramento where Jake would be waiting for me - I was sooooooooooooo excited to see him!
LAX was awful.  Crowded, the workers were rude, they kept changing our gate (AA) without making an announcement (3 times!) or an apology, etc. etc.  I didn't really care - I was going to see JAKE!!!!!
I practically ran through Sacramento airport (which was VERY nice) to the baggage claim area and there he was!  xoxoxoxoxo
After wrestling my gigantic suitcases into the car, we drove off through the absolutely beautiful fields both golden and filled with sunflowers.  We went to Winters to the Putah café for dinner - so good!









The next day I met Jake's girlfriend Rachel.  They met soon after I left for Japan.  We had some yummy Mexican food for dinner.  Jake and I started our stay up late, sleep late routine that lasted the week I was there (and for him is probably still going on), and mostly relaxed our way through the week.  I really needed that.  We did go back to Winters and the Phutah Café for lunch one day with Rachel and the drive was really beautiful.  The weather was in the upper 90's and low 100's the whole week, so besides some short bike rides, a trip to the Vacaville outlets and a trip to the farmer's market and meat lab, we didn't do too much else.  It didn't matter since all I wanted to do was spend time with my Jakey.

Jake and Rachel


 
Isn't Davis gorgeous!!??  I LOVE it!!!
 















 







Wide open spaces, incredibly blue skies with amazing puffy white clouds - it leaves one speechless.

No comments:

Post a Comment